The EuroMillions Superdraw – It usually only takes place three times a year, but when it does the atmosphere is so exhilarating you wouldn’t want to miss out on it!
It’s a huge international lottery event in which the winning amount is preset to a massive 9-figure (millions) jackpot and it never drops below that.
How Does it Work?
This special lottery draw is not to be confused with the regular EuroMillions lottery draw which takes place in the evening on Tuesday and Friday. Although the same rules apply, the biggest and most significant difference between the two draws is that The Superdraw offers a tremendous jackpot that is guaranteed to be won!
If there are no winners on the night of the EuroMillions Superdraw then the jackpot rolls over (which means the jackpot increases) to the following draw night date. If a match still hasn’t been found, then the jackpot will continue the process of rolling over until the set limit is reached which is currently at €220,000,000.
Once the cap has been reached you can still be in for a chance to win big as the jackpot remains at €220,000,000 for four more consecutive draw nights. Thereafter someone should win but even if not, then the prize money rolls down to be divided between the winners of the next highest prize tier.
When did The EuroMillions Superdraw Begin?
If that explanation didn’t have you on the edge of your seat in excitement or at the very least leave you intrigued, then you must not like money very much. Each to their own, but the EuroMillions Superdraw is one of the most highly anticipated and thrilling lotteries in the world!
The EuroMillions was created in 2004, but the infamous Euromillions Superdraw was only introduced in 2009 where a selected three countries, France, Spain, and The UK participated. Since then it’s grown to include winners from across the globe via online betting sites like Jackpot.com and physical tickets are now available in nine European countries: Ireland, Portugal, Austria, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland, and the first three countries where it started.
How much is the ticket?
A standard EuroMillions ticket which is based on each line of numbers you enter into a single draw costs €2.50, but this depends on your local currency. the price only increases if you play multiple boards/lines or select more than one draw.
How do you play the EuroMillions Superdraw?
The EuroMillions Superdraw is open to anyone over 18 years old and the rules are simple:
- You choose 5 numbers from 1-50 and 2 Lucky Stars from 1-12 by placing a tick line through the numbers you choose on the playslip. Or you could try a Lucky Dip® where numbers will be randomly selected for you.
- It’s important to note that your playslip is divided into multiple ‘boards’ or ‘lines’, which makes it easy for you to submit more than one entry at the same time but you’re limited to 5 lines of numbers. You can also ask the retailer for as many Lucky Dip entries as you would like.
- Choose to play on a Tuesday or Friday (or both) then the number of weeks you’d like to play. At this point, you can decide to play for two, three, or four weeks in advance. It’s possible to enter up to eight consecutive draws in advance if you select ‘both draws’ for four weeks.
- You’re good to go! BUT Keep the ticket safe! – It’s your responsibility to check the result if you buy a EuroMillions Superdraw ticket in-store as you will not be notified if you win and your ticket is needed for proof of purchase to claim your jackpot prize money.
There’s also space on the back of your playslip to write your name, address, and signature, which would prevent anyone else from claiming your prize if the ticket is lost or stolen.
When playing online, you’ll enter your chosen numbers into the relevant fields or select the Euromillions ‘Quick Pick’ feature to let the system choose random numbers for you. Complete as many entries as you’d like, then complete your transaction.
Playing online means that your tickets are automatically stored in your account, you will be notified by email or phone call and any prizes will be paid to you directly- there’s no risk of losing or damaging your ticket, but please beware of scammers. Double-check the terms and conditions of prizes and the procedure of the participating website you used to purchase a EuroMillions Superdraw ticket.
What’s the date for the next EuroMillions Superdraw?
The next Superdraw date is set to take place on Friday 24th September and the initial jackpot of €130,000,000 is up for grabs!
Are Superdraw Winnings Subject to Taxes?
Your Prize money will not be taxed unless you reside in Portugal, Spain, or Switzerland. These three participating countries do add tax on EuroMillions Superdraw prize money as such you won’t receive the full jackpot amount. It’s also advisable to check the country laws you reside in if you choose to play online.
Even if your country doesn’t withhold any tax on the initial payment it’s advised that you find out everything you need to know about taxes on your prize money. For example, in the UK you’d have to think about inheritance tax if you decide to gift large amounts of your winnings. Some countries may also tax you if you decide to donate large amounts of your winnings to charity.
Can Indians Play the EuroMillions Superdraw?
You’d be pleased to know that if you’re a non-EU resident you can still play and win in the Euromillions Superdraw! So if you reside in India and are an Indian citizen then that means you’re welcome to join the Euromillions Superdraw too. Visit online lottery websites like Giantlottos or the official EuroMillions website to purchase a ticket, select the language and country you’re most comfortable with and play from home. We’ve compiled an accurate guide on how to play online here:
- Visit an official betting website
- Choose the EuroMillions Superdraw jackpot ticket
- Select your numbers, the same rules applies as the instructions above, you can play multiple lines at a time
- Choose whether you want to play in a single draw or subscribe for a long term.
- Register a new account or log in to an existing one
- Pay for your entries/ticket or deposit minimum funds to be able to play other games on the website.
Good Luck! And remember to save the EuroMillions Superdraw date in your calendar and come back to check the results.
Previous EuroMillions Superdraws
The table below comprises every Superdraw winning date, country, and jackpot prize amount since 2007, to show you that it’s possible to win and the next entry could be you!
|Winning Date||Start Jackpot in €||Final Jackpot in €||Country of Winner|
|24.09.2021||110,000,000||–||The third EuroMillions Superdraw of 2021 will take place on 24th September with a guaranteed jackpot of 110,000,000 Euros.|
|04.10.2019||100,000,000||190,000,000||Superdraw was postponed after several rollovers,|
|25.06.2013||100,000,000||187,000,000||Belgium & Ireland|
|05.02.2010||100,000,000||129,000,000||Spain & UK|
|06.03.2009||100,000,000||100,000,000||Austria & France.|
The EuroMillions Superdraw and any other lottery game should always be fun in a way that’s right for you, so feel empowered to play according to your means and Good Luck!