The Superenalotto game has become very popular not only in Italy but also across the globe with many foreigners participating in the lottery. Visitors from Australia, UK, and Germany between other nations wishing to win the enticing lump sum purchase coupons to join in this famous Italian game. They are allowed to participate in the game if their country of origin through law permits them to buy lottery tickets online, and they are willing to abide by the set Italian laws on Superenalotto taxes.
Lottery Tax Rates in Italy
Different trustworthy representatives are located in Italy like Thelotter.com and Lottoland.com who purchase Superenalotto coupons on behalf of their clients. In the event of a prize being awarded, agents are required to collect and pay the amount to the client at a reasonable price.
Do you know what to do after winning SuperEnalotto jackpot? In case you don’t know, here’s what you can do. Lottery prizes in Italy are subject to taxation. Thus, you are required to pay the tax that corresponds your prize.
The following tax bands levels are usually applicable in Italy:
- No payment is required for €100 prize.
- A flat payment of €1.03 is required for winnings between €100.01 and €300.
- A flat payment of €3.10 is required for prize between the range of €300.01 and €500.
- €3.10 flat payment and a tax rate of 12% is required for winnings between the range of €500.01 and €1,000.
- €6.20 flat payment and a tax rate of 12% is required for winnings that go beyond €1,000.01.
It is advised that you come to terms with the tax laws that are obtained in your country.